It is ironic that ‘ego’ is close to the top of the reasons for personal failures. Bigger the ego, greater the chances of failure. Wise ones say so. Here is how I see it.
Ego is an essential element of Self-Growth. According to Wikipedia,
“”Ego” is a Latin word meaning “I“, which derives from the Greek word “??? (Ego)” meaning “I”, often used in English to mean the “self”, “identity” or other related concepts. It may also refer to:
- Ego, one of the three constructs in Sigmund Freud’s structural model of the psyche
- Ego (religion), as defined in various religions in relationship to self, soul etc.
- Ego (spirituality), the “self”, “self-concept”, “false self”, “conceptual identity”, or identification with individual existence”
“Ego” can be beneficial. However, the self-ego must be managed very well to get you what you want out of life. I have two suggestions at this time:
- ‘Ego’ be used as self-worth within in one’s self, and not for prevailing over others.
- Learn to “let go” for keeping your “Ego” from damaging yourself and moving forward as well as stress management.